[MPlayer-dev-eng] Error with MEncoder configuration file

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 18:52:30 CET 2006

Hi,

On 3/13/06, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 04:15:43PM +0200, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

> > > I vote for changing it to mencoder.conf.  I think we had weird problems
> > > with MEncoder trying to parse itself as configuration file on Windows or
> > > something.
> >
> > Agree
>
> OK, how about this patch then.  Have I overlooked something?
>
> > maybe we should rename mplayer to mplayer.conf too.
>
> Umm, the global configuration file is named mplayer.conf already.  Do
> you want to change the name of the individual config file as well.  What
> about backwards compatibility?

There hasn't been a formal release where "mencoder" config file
existed (or at least, was documented as existing), so I'd say we just
don't care about backward compatibility.

People who have been smart enough to discover this hidden feature are
certainly smart enough to change their habits.

Guillaume
--
Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long as all other
wheels are square...

Reimar Döffinger