[MPlayer-dev-eng] old CVS repositories

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sun Mar 5 23:28:47 CET 2006

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 22:34:05 +0100
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm converting the old CVS repositories to Subversion one by one.  I
> have already converted homepage, uha, vesautils, mndiff, nut, homepage
> and today skins.  Still missing are mplayerosx (should be finished this
> week), ffmpeg and main.
>
> There are a few old CVS modules where we need to decide if they are
> worth converting, namely
>
>   0_90

iirc main was forked from it (or the opposite), so all the history
before the fork is the same. at fork time there were some renaming
(linux->osdep is one of them). creating a branch for 0_90 and following
(0_91, the others are just security fixes) would be good but sounds
like a lot of manual work.

>   g2

no idea, is it the same source as the snapshots or something
older/newer? for sure it's not developed anymore

>   installer

never heard about it being used

>   obsolete

the name says it all, but there are some interesting things in it. How
did those dirs ended up in obsolete? repository tricks or they were
removed with cvs remove so they are also in attic with correct history?

>   test

test

So my idea is:
- do not convert dead modules, if needed provide a read-only cvs server
for them, else forget about them. convert them automatically (no need
to hand-edit them to fix conversion) if read-only cvs is too much work
to setup. as an alternative we could provide a snapshot of current
version and a tarball of cvs repository for each of them

- sadly, i'd include g2 in the dead branches

- personally i'd forget about 0_90 and convert only main

Ciao,
 Roberto