[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer Support for PPC/PPC64

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 23:22:01 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/16/06, Robert MacFarlan <Robert_MacFarlan at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see from your website that you are interested in providing improved
> support for PPC if something like a Power Mac G5 could be provided.  Is
> this still the case?
>
> If so, I can help.

Yes indeed. PPC is currently supposed to be supported, however, there
are some corner cases where support could be improved, but haven't
been because most of us don't have a machine to reproduce the problem.

Also, when people like FFmpeg folks are adding support for new
audio/video, by experience, there are always endianess issues to take
care of.

So, yes, having access to a G5 would definitely be of a big help.

Guillaume
--
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
 -- Winston Churchill