[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp4, vfr and timestamps

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Fri Jun 16 13:02:06 CEST 2006

Tomas Carnecky wrote:
> And since mplayer doesn't read the 'ctts' table it doesn't know about
> the correct timestamps.

Here is a small patch that fixes this. Please review it since I don't
know if every part of it is correct, mainly whether I should use
'trak->pos' or 'frame' as the second argument to get_cts_offset().

With this patch, mplayers plays my file back correctly, however, it has
problems with the last three frames:

V:   9.4 117/117  3%  0%  0.0% 0 0
Invalid frame duration value (9.520/0.012 => -9.508). Defaulting to
0.081 sec.
V:   9.5 118/118  3%  0%  0.0% 0 0
Invalid frame duration value (0.012/-1.000 => -9.508). Defaulting to
0.081 sec.
ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: video)
EOF code: 1  119  3%  0%  0.0% 0 0

tom