[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp4, vfr and timestamps

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Thu Jun 15 17:03:17 CEST 2006

Tomas Carnecky wrote:
>> We don't get any for of payment for coding mplayer so we start with the
>> stuff we like more. It's our free time, we are glad people likes our
>> stuff but demanding isn't the best way to ask a favour. Anyway maybe is
>> just a bug of an untested feature ^^;
>>

> I'm not demanding anything.. I'm just informing you that mplayer won't
> play my files correctly and I'm offering you samples so you can test it
> and see yourselves.

Sure, go ahead and post a link to your samples. Or upload one or two to
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/

Also, try using '-demuxer lavf'.

> But nobody replied to my first email.. I'm a programmer, so maybe I
> would be able to fix it myself, but I initially didn't even get a
> pointer where to look for the mp4 demuxer. I'm sorry to have to say
> that, but I had the feeling that you didn't even want to have it fixed.

No, that's not true at all, and I'm sorry you got that impression. We're
always happy to fix a problem, as long as the fix doesn't break anything
else. Lack of time is all that prevents us from fixing everything
ourselves and making mplayer perfect.

The mp4 demuxer is mostly in these two files:
libmpdemux/demux_mov.c
libmpdemux/parse_mp4.c

-Corey