[MPlayer-dev-eng] Lots of stuff for NUT

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Fri Jan 13 10:26:13 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 09:01:41PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 09:27:52PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > >
> > > well choosing dts is easy, do strict dts ordering
> >
> > I thought we discussed this... :)
> > Didn't we finally decide on loose MN rule, not strict dts?
>
> iam fine with either but in that case here dts ordering is easier ...

You'll have to decide between the 2. Either we do strict dts and single
syncpoint ts, or loose MN rule and several ts's per syncpoint. It is simply
impossible to have both... (If it is possible, which I doubt, it is very
very complicated - start by picking the "refernce" ts for the syncpoint)

I vote for MN rule and several ts... It is simpler, and in any sane
situation, it will only add a SINGLE ts per syncpoint. Having more than one
delayed stream in a single file is extremely rare...

Also loose MN rule seems to please more people than strict DTS...

Only reason I'm slightly leaning towards single ts is because we already
made a nice compression for syncpoints and adding several (optional) pts's
in a compact way would be non trivial...

- ods15