[MPlayer-dev-eng] Lots of stuff for NUT

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Jan 7 12:24:48 CET 2006

Hi

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 11:24:37AM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 11:52:03AM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > Well, what is it about it that bothers you? The overhead? I've already
> > > prooved that in high bitrate files, the overhead is irrelavent, and in low
> > > bitrate files, the frame headers are most of the overhead anyway. (If you
> > > do not agree with my tests please offer a better testing scenario)
> >
> > i suggest to make per stream pts and back_ptrs optional
>
> You never really answered the question, does the overhead really bother you
> that much Michael? I want to make NUT done already. Rich wants keyframe
> exact seeking (and I agree), we all want demuxer and muxer simplicity, and
> the only solution for this is per stream pts and ptr in every syncpoint.

i dont think pts per stream are needed for this, what exactly was the problem
anyway if we just have a rule like
output a syncpoint immedeatly if a back_ptr changes by more then t
doesnt that ensure that we never have to search more then t?

> The overhead is 50 to 70kb for every additional stream for a 700mb file, it
> really is not that bad. :/

hmm, then lets add a 50-70kb jpeg captured from whatever video input device is
available ;)

its not only the overhead but also what you gain or loose

[...]

--
Michael