[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Pushing "Building audio filter chain ..." up to verbose level ?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 21:06:47 CET 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 04:13:14PM +0100, Paul TT wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 13:30:35 +0100 Reimar Döffinger
>> <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

>>> Well, I wouldn't either (esp. since the 0Hz/?? etc thing is
>>> confusing), but on the other hand I'm not sure if there isn't
>>> some breakage in that code. Would after the next release be an
>>> acceptable compromise (of course, who volunteers to make sure it
>>> doesn't get forgotten?)

(Actually, by having a patch pending that sort of devolves on me...)

>> vi DOCS/tech/TODO
>> /FUTURE
>> write it down
>> :-)
>>
>> well, maybe it will be forgotten anyway, but we won't have an
>> excuse ;-)
>
> That should work.  Also add a FIXME to the code and ready you are.

This was never done, AFAICT. Should the thread-opening patch - which
does still apply - still be considered "on hold pending a release"?

(If so, I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that it would be
nice to make a release if possible. I realize that there's a certain
amount of work involved, and that it's made rather harder - perhaps even
impossible - by the ongoing server issues, but I'd at least like to know
exactly what obstacles currently stand in the way of our being able to
announce a release Right This Second if we wanted to.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.