[MPlayer-dev-eng] aspect, panscan & co..

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Feb 23 22:58:32 CET 2006

Hi,
On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 11:59:32PM +0100, Andrea Palmat? wrote:
>                 image_width = width;
>                 image_height = height;
>                 if (!vo_fs)
>                 {
>                         d_image_width = d_width;
>                         d_image_height = d_height;
>                 }
[...]
>                 if (!vo_fs)
>                 {
>                         d_image_width = d_width;
>                         d_image_height = d_height;

Maybe it's time to clean out some old cruft from the code :-)

> now the result is that if i run mplayer in a
> window it scale the image correctly. if i use
> fullscreen it rescale the image correctly but if
> the video is 16:9 the rescale is wrong because it
> fill all screen with movie (not the 16:9 format effect). what's wrong?

So if the video is 4:3 it works in fullscreen? Or does it just seem to
work because your monitor is 4:3 as well?
Do different values for -aspect and -monitoraspect make any difference?
How do you get fullscreen mode? Do you start with -fs or do you press
the 'f' key?
Do you call the aspect function when handling VOCTRL_FULLSCREEN as well?
I don't think your problem lies in the code you posted here, if you
can't find the source, maybe make all of it available...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger