[MPlayer-dev-eng] crosscompiling status

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Sun Feb 12 21:48:36 CET 2006

* Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> schrieb:

<snip>

> > + ./configure (tries to) detect the cputype (ie. by looking at /proc).
> >   This is obviously wrong when crosscompiling - we need some way
> >   to pass the cputype manually.
>
> Please try latest CVS checkout, it is perfectly cross-compilable AFAIR.

I'll have a try in a few days.

Currently I'm fighting w/ directfb + crosscompiling ...
I'm rewriting the configure script to use pkg-config for detecting
the directfb stuff. (of course $PKG_CONFIG)

IMHO we should use pkg-config more consequently. Its not perfect,
but it works quite good and a suitable point for hooking in if some
"unusual" builds (aka not just building for the same system ...)
shall be done.

<snip>

> > "*Who am I*? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrei and Sophie
> >   Ivanova. I am the right hand of vengeance, and the boot that is going
> >   to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth... I am Death Incarnate,
> >   and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me."
> >                                                        -- Cmdr. Ivanova
>
> Yay! Another B5 fan. ^_^

:)

--
"do you like some spoo ? its quite fresh ..." -- g'kar