[MPlayer-dev-eng] [POLICY] clarify conditions for functionality removal

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Feb 10 19:02:13 CET 2006

On Friday, 10 February 2006 at 18:18, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:31:39PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> > > I'd just like to note that that is not what the current form says, nor
> > > is it what the old form said about "changing behaviour". No mention is
> > > made of "consensus"; all it says is that discussion must take place, not
> > > that the discussion must reach any particular conclusion first. Saying
> > > "discussing it on the mplayer-dev-eng mailing list and receiving some
> > > form of consensus approval" would avoid the problem.
> >
> > Or just "... without being approved in a discussion on the mplayer-dev-eng
> > mailing list".
>
> Simple, clear, concise and I think it captures the spirit.  Please commit.
>
> Thanks for this constructive contribution.

You're welcome, but... since Ivan has secretly reverted your last commit
(so we're back at 1.24), I'd have to recommit yours and commit mine over
that. Or should I do it in one go?

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://rpm.greysector.net/mplayer/
There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times and oppression