[MPlayer-dev-eng] .TiVo file support (fwd)

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sun Dec 17 01:26:16 CET 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 01:10 +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> >I would appreciate any suggestions for seek functionality and for getting
> >the progress bar correctly knowing how far into the file I am.
> >
> before every call to ds_add_packet() assign:
> demuxer->filepos=stream_tell(demuxer->stream);

As I mentioned before when you added this for DVD position, implementing
it like this is wrong. The file position corresponding to that packet is
a property of the packet, not a property of the demuxer. The above
implementation basically assumes that only the last demuxed packed is
ever accessed. Also ds_add_packet() does not access demuxer->filepos so
"before calls to ds_add_packet" has no special significance - it works
approximately but not quite right in usual situations if it's just done
often enough.