[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: libcdio support "almost" there (Re: still more MacOS X build issues: "__attribute__" stuff)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Dec 3 22:21:58 CET 2006

Hello,
On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 02:50:57PM -0600, sci-fi at hush.ai wrote:
> On 2006-12-02 09:02:09 -0600, Reimar Döffinger
> <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> said:
> >Yes, due to some code simplification I did cddb will now _compile_,
> >but it still will not work, so having it enabled is stupid.
>
> If we disable it, how are we to be expected to test it?  I'm

There is no point in testing if the only relevant code is not there.
Without that read_toc working there simply is no point at all in using
cddb instead of cdda.
Any if you're a programmer embarking on fixing read_toc, getting it
enabled really should be a minor issue. But if you want, send a patch to
add --enable-cddb (yes, that does not add autodetection, but there is
not really autodetection for cddb anyway).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger