[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Reindentation of mplayer.c

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Mon Aug 21 18:07:06 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 16:31 +0200, Roberto Togni wrote:
> 1) why? Maybe I'm used to MPlayer code, but it doesn't look that bad.
> Some part are surely more messy, but others are quite ok.

There are quite a lot of messy parts.

> 2) the problem with mplayer.c is not formatting, it's size. If a brace
> is closed may pages after it has been opened, does it really matter
> (for readability) how many spaces are in front of it?

Sure the code organization is also bad, but the formatting is bad
independently of that.

> 3) imo if we really want to reindent it, it should be done only on the
> parts that really need it, preserving as much as possible of the
> original format, and only when somebody is going to work on that part
> of the code.

That's just much more work, most likely more than could be saved when
using annotate. And why wait until someone works on that part of the
code, if it by definition doesn't matter whether it's been done before
that?