[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Removing all trailing whitespace

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Aug 21 02:41:23 CEST 2006

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 02:38:48AM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> I'm also wondering about converting tabs to spaces (only .h and .c files ;)

I have no objection to doing this to files where tabs have been mixed
with spaces, but I strongly object to applying this to properly-tabbed
files. Files which use tabs correctly are much better with tabs.

Also note that the following (where _________ indicates a tab) does
not count as mixed tabs/spaces:

________foo = 1 + bar(...
________              ...

but the following does:

(The difference is that the former uses tabs as indention levels and
spaces for character-level alignment, while the latter mixes tabs and
spaces for character-level alignment assuming a tab is 8 spaces. The
former is very good style while the latter is an abomination!)

Rich