[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] Reindentation of mplayer.c

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Sun Aug 20 19:45:18 CEST 2006

On Sunday 20 August 2006 19:21, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 19:01 +0200, Ivo wrote:
> > What do you think of running GNU indent on mplayer.c and maybe on other
> > files that have become pretty unreadable over the years and are
> > unmaintained?
> >
> > Of course the default of indent is horrible (GNU coding style), so I
> > came up with a set of command line options, which I believe match the
> > most commonly accepted style for MPlayer. See the attached script.
> >
> > Any comments? Or flames? :)
>
> I tested those options and noticed at least one thing I don't like:
> comments on their own line always seem to have no indentation.
>
>     func1();
> // comment
>     func2();
>
> I prefer to have those indented with the code, and the default kr style
> in indent behaves like that.

Yes. I added that option (--line-comments-indentation80) because otherwise,
with the new indentation, some of the comments get messed up because they
exceed the line-length for multiple lines in a row. There are places where
context aligned comments mean starting at the 40+th column where they used
to be in somewhere like the 8th column. But I guess we could remove that
option and fix some of the broken comments by hand. That's probably less
work than realigning all other comments by hand :)

--Ivo