[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer + MatrixView

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Aug 14 13:15:39 CEST 2006

Hello,
On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 08:19:24AM +1000, Pigeon wrote:
> > The only glu function it uses is gluBuild2DMipmaps, is that really worth
> > the extra dependency (i.e. does it look any better than a normal texure
> > upload)?
>
>     The brief test i did looked worse than using mipmaps. But having
> said that, as a GL newbie al I did was simply using glTexImage2D with
> the base image level and texture param set to GL_LINEAR.

Well, if your texture size is at least somewhat similar to the original
size it should look okay enough...
But I wonder, the descriptions sounds like the "text" should be
scrolling, but for me it does not change at all, except brightness...
Also, the contrast and brightness suboptions seem rather pointless to
me, people can just use the global -contrast and -brightness options?
Also, the defaults for matrix_cols etc. should be set directly before
subopt_parse, because otherwise a commandline like this:
mplayer -nofixed-vo file1 -vo matrixview:cols=10 file2 -vo matrixview
will cause the vo to use the settings from the first file instead of the
default values, which IMHO is wrong.
Also, in the view of portability, do not use gettimeofday, instead use
either GetTimer or GetTimerMS (from osdep/timer*).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger