[MPlayer-dev-eng] MKV files and subtitles charset

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 19:09:15 CEST 2006

On Saturday 05 August 2006 19:39, Alexander 'Lazy Ranma' Ponyatikh wrote:

> > I have 'subcp = cp1251' in my configuration file and seems like it also
> > affects MKV files resulting in wrong charset being displayed.
>
> try subcp=enca:ru:utf8 as workaround

Thanks, I already found the same workaround myself even before reporting this
problem :)

But Evgeniy was quite fast at rolling out a patch, it seems to work fine for
both internal and external subtitles (internal subtitles use UTF-8, external
use subcp).

PS. While testing external subtitles, found one more interesting thing
(probably that behaviour is intended and is not a bug). If I explicitly
provide external subtitle file using -sub option, internal subtitle
is still prefered if it matches slang mask.