[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer GUI

Piotr Stachura albert1 at autocom.pl
Thu Apr 27 08:38:23 CEST 2006

Dnia czwartek, 27 kwietnia 2006 08:09, Sergey Pinaev napisał:

> And anyway language/toolkit choice is task that needs to be done
> by people who will actually programm that "new gui", not by
> "core programmers" or "strangers"...

Thanks, actually I don't have a word until this topic, so for you guys I'm
"stranger" :P
Anyway, I'm going to start tomorrow (yeah, long May week :D) For, those who
will be interested in my scheduler:
1. I'm decided to make GUI in slave mode, so the first step will be to make
working app (based on GTK2, but able to compile on GTK1).
2. Perhaps, there will be needed upgrades to slave mode protocol, but for now
I'm not sure.
3. Bug fixes, and add more features.
4. Accept to applied, and remove old GUI interface.
Any buts, interesting ideas, word of pessimist or optimism will be nice.
Anyway, when we talking about high resource usage by graphics apps then I'm
not forcing you to use graph one, feel free to CLI interface, because GUI is
for noobs, blondies, people using winshit ... (few days ago, one blondie
using this "system" asked me: "what is this black box with some text, can I
close it?", but I will be glad if some power users can tell that GUI is
usable.

And a word for Diego: it will be C. :P

--
Piotr Stachura