[MPlayer-dev-eng] Change pts values to use doubles instead of floats

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Apr 25 02:07:16 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-24 at 19:39 -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> Except that it makes patches larger and harder to read, which IIRC is
> the primary reason such changes are indeed forbidden by policy (except
> perhaps as part of a specific cosmetics patch).
>
> Case in point: I was distracted enough by the moving of the brace that I
> failed entirely to notice the change from "float" to "double".

While I won't argue that the particular whitespace change mentioned was
necessary, I think the objection against it doesn't have much merit
either. It was reformatting a line which was changed anyway, thus it
didn't add any new chunks to the patch. If you really were "distracted"
enough to miss what changed in the chunk I think the blame for that
belongs fully on you, not on the patch.