[MPlayer-dev-eng] pre8 update

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Apr 22 03:17:21 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 11:33:41AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 11:59:19AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > We can discuss this on LinuxTag.  There will be enough devs there to
> > reach a consensus and given the nature of real life discusssions we will
> > come to a decision in a limited amount of time.
>
> How convenient since me and the other people who oppose this nonsense
> versioning won't be there...

Which nonsense versioning are you talking about?  If you talk about
skipping 1.0 or Ubuntu schemes then rest assured that I dislike them
just as much as you.

This is a bikeshed discussion.  Two points should be clear

- the current versioning scheme sucks
- therefore we need to replace it by some other sane scheme

If we decide to discuss this here it's going to be a month-long battle
of attrition.  We just need to settle on *something*.  Believe me, I'm
not looking forward to discussing this, but unfortunately it just needs
to be done.

Diego