[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer Security

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 17:12:09 CEST 2006

2006/4/7, Bernd Ernesti <mplayer-dev-eng at lists.veego.de>:
> On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 10:10:18AM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> > Some days ago on irc I asked Diego to create maillist
> > mplayer-security. Maillist could be created only by root, and he have
> > the root account.
> > His reply was radder strange and the maillist is not yet created.
> >
> > I kindly ask whoever have root access to create mplayer-security maillist.
>
> I wouldn't do it if I had root access.
>
> You should make your points, why you would want one and not just demanding to
> create it.

Are you nuts or just irresponsible?

It have been discussed before that we need maillist, where security
problems could be reported and mplayer developers could discuss them
in private.
I think that allowing mails that have [SECURITY] or [ADVISORY] in the
subject to pass even when send by people not subscibed, could do the
trick.

It is very harmful security problems to be reported in (the highest
volume maillist) mplayer-users , as it is now. Especially if they
don't come with fix.

2006/4/7, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org>:
> > His reply was radder strange and the maillist is not yet created.
> What was the reply?

Diego answer was something like he doesn't know how to do it and that
he is too busy to find out (studing for exam). He also tried to make
phun on me.