[MPlayer-dev-eng] Want work in development?

Guillaume Poirier guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Tue Oct 25 14:28:15 CEST 2005

Hi Kamal,

kamal sharma wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am finally thru with my java swing client.

Is it availabled somewhere?

> Well, now I want to work as a developer for mplayer.
> Can anyone suggest me something.

There's a fair deal of an-applied patches flying around. Maybe you could
have a look at them and give feedback to the author, if needed.

You may also have a look a the bugs database
(http://bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu/) or the bugs reported on the users ML
(you can use gmane to browse the archives in a convenient way), and see
if you can fix them.

> Also, can anyone tell me which IDE to use for
> compiling the code.

Any decent IDE can be used to compile the sourcetree. Most ppl probably
use VIM or emacs (which some ppl won't call an IDE though).

Guillaume