[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small changes to subreader.c file

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Oct 15 13:03:29 CEST 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:47:53AM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

> But as we already know that even the Kylix version will produce CRLF,
> we can conclude that this is by purpose.

Are you sure that Kylix would produce CRLF?  I don't think so...

> So far in this discussion I had saw a lot of arguments in favour of
> using CRLF format, the strongest been that HTML is also in CRLF

Nonsense.  HTML does not specify line endings.

> I'm gonna wait few days in case original author speaks up.
> Then I am gonna recommit the CRLF patch (with "wb" change).
> If some of the developers are against this I would like to hear their reasoning.

I'm starting to dislike this CRLF nonsense more and more.  The hardware
players that have problems with LF subtitle files are clearly broken.
Adding workarounds for other people's bugs into your program is always a
nasty thing to do.  This one looks particularly stupid to me.  It needs
to be fixed by the other side IMO.

Diego