: Re: : Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] Small changes to subreader.c file

Martin Simmons vyslnqaaxytp at spammotel.com
Sun Oct 9 21:22:22 CEST 2005

> On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 01:41:41PM +0200, Adam Tla??ka wrote:
> > Dnia Sun, 09 Oct 2005 02:11:21 +0200, Loren Merritt
> > <lorenm at u.washington.edu> napisa??:
> > >
> > >The fact that .bat is a text file has nothing to do with whether cmd.exe
> > >knows how to handle unix-style text files.
> > Again - .bat file is a DOS/Windows batch commands file which needs cr/lf
> > line endings.

> Just tried on a Windows XP SP2 system and cmd.exe handles unix-style
> line endings just fine.

Cool, now you can extend this technique to solve the halting problem for all
inputs :-)

I never said that *all* scripts with unix-style line endings will fail.  The
problem was with a GOTO command that failed to find its label.  If I remember
correctly, it failed only when the distance from the GOTO to the label was
4096 bytes minus the length of the label.  It worked on some versions of
Windows.  YMMV.

__Martin