[MPlayer-dev-eng] xv fails with "Source image dimensions are too high"..

Paul TT paultt at hackerjournal.it
Mon Nov 21 18:28:46 CET 2005

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 23:30:01 -0300
"Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet" <reynaldo at opendot.cl> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 20, 2005 at 08:39:27PM -0500, j at v2v.cc wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > mplayer refuses to play some HD videos i have on my laptop.
> > it fails with:
> > [xv] Source image dimensions are too high: 1920x1080 (maximum is
1440x1080)

> > in ~/.mplayer/config i have
> > vo=xv,x11
> >
> > since if i run mplayer -vo x11 HD.avi i can play the file,
> > i would expect mplayer to try the next vo instead of quiting.
> >
> > does that sound reasonable? would it be easy to fix mplayer to do
so?

> Hi J
>
> Error msg clearily states this is a vo limitation, I dont see the
point
> where this becomes an mplayer *problem* so there is nothing to *fix*,
> just use another vo like you did is the correct solution to *your*
> prob.

yes, i can see anyway the point of Jay (do you know Silent Bob?
give him a hello from me :-))....

if in the config file there is an alternate vo, prob it should be
correct mplayer to try that alternate vo, isn't it?

i have no idea, neither time to find that idea, on how to do it, but i
think it should be right :-)
IMHO....