[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch against gcc4.0, and incorrect encoding of help_mp-zh_CN.h

陆然 hephooey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 03:47:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Friday 17 June 2005 04:00, Funda Wang wrote:

> And, the encoding of help/help_mp-zh_CN.h is wrong. It is encoded in GBK,
> rather than preferred UTF-8. So, it should be converted into UTF-8:
> iconv -f gbk -t utf-8 < help/help_mp-zh_CN.h > help/help_mp-zh_CN.h

Why should? It's kind of dilemma, In China, some people already upgrade to use
UTF-8 charset, but there are also many people still stick to the old GBK
charset, which makes me feel convert all the message to UTF-8 is not a good
idea. The best solution probably be adding some iconv functions to MPlayer
(took some code from subtitle part maybe:), then we can store all the
messages in UTF-8 and convert them to the correct charset when needed. But
since MPlayer is a *player*, this kind of functions seem a little bit
bloated.

--
Best Regards,
LR