[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Re: fast SPP - working code

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Thu Jun 2 21:34:22 CEST 2005

Nikolaj wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm sending a working variant, please review.
> The code is not final, I think I'll tune it futher a bit.
> Attachment is a plain text.
>
> Seems funny, but I totally forgot that there is a add-sub trick without
> an additional register
> (like a+=b, b+=b, b-=a). The code should be a bit faster with it - will
> be possible to avoid temp vars, etc. Now I'm thinking, rewrite or not
> that almost boring asm part ;)

sorry, doesn't compile under gcc-3.4. after replacing text labels with
numerical, and removing const qualifiers from the precomputed fixed
point constants (they were optimized out, so linker blew up later due to
their usage in assembler), -vf spp crashes with a segfault (I can
provide a more detailed report if needed).

--
Jindrich Makovicka