[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: New remove-logo filter

Trent Piepho xyzzy at speakeasy.org
Sat Feb 26 03:39:32 CET 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> ppm for color + pgm for alpha. And yes, it is possible to create this
> with gimp (or in the worst case with tifftopnm), the other way round

Automatically with the gimp?  My gimp doesn't have that option.  I guess you
have to extract the alpha somehow and save it separately, I'm not a gimp
expert.

I know as a user I'd rather deal with one compressed png image for each bug
than multiple different format uncompressed images.  Keep in mind, ATSC is up
to 1920x1080 resolution.  It seems that with ppm+pgm files, you're only making
the code a little simpler if at all, but have something that's less useful to
use.