[MPlayer-dev-eng] Any plan to add libavformat mencoder -of driver?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Feb 21 22:10:46 CET 2005

On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 10:56:08PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2005 17:44, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> > D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > >
> > >this is the correct way to do it. please don't commit any changes to
> > >mencoder.c until oded's multi-file support is committed.
> >
> > both new muxers need those changes.

which ones? all the info the muxer needs should be in the stupid m$
structures already passed to the muxer... i agree this is a bad
design, but fixing it can come later.

> > What should we do, wait that someone apply Oded's changes
> > (that currently sounds like "when I'm 64") or re-adapt
> > Oded's changes after I commit? My changes are really very few,
> > and very likely they are orthogonal to Oded's.

not orthogonal iirc because oded's changes have to move a good bit of
code around. :(

> Well I'm personally hoping it'll be faster than that. :)

me too. can you post a report of what's been tested, what problems
might remain, etc.? i'm ok with committing it as long as it doesn't
break any single-file functionality.

rich