[MPlayer-dev-eng] trivial verbosity issue

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Feb 18 17:30:25 CET 2005

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 11:50:00AM -0300, Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet wrote:
> i think 'frame skiped' and 'duplicated frame' messages belong to
> verbose, then again i could be wrong, it wont even be the first time ;)

no, they definitely need to be displayed by default! they almost
always indicate an error condition or at least something the user
needs to be very aware of!! (sometimes this is just that mencoder
sucks but is doing its best...a proper encoder should never skip or
duplicate any frame)

> will wait for more comments on the subject, anyway, toh we all
> agre that !verbose check is obiously wrong.

i'm not so sure. i thought i remembered the !verbose check being there
because mencoder printed a more verbose skip/dup message elsewhere if
verbose was enabled, and it didn't want to print double messages. i
could be wrong though.

rich