[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] command to log displayed subtitle

Salvatore Falco sfalco at studenti.ing.uniroma1.it
Thu Feb 10 19:38:29 CET 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 06:53:49PM +0100, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this patch adds a "sub_debug" command, which makes mplayer dump the last
> displayed subtitle together with file & time information to
> ~/.mplayer/sub_debug file. It allows logging the wrong subtitles which
> hurt your eyes conveniently using the remote, so you can eventually fix
> the subtitle file later.
>
> Okay to commit?

It would be better to change the name to sub_store, or sub_save or something else,
since it is used to save a subline. Furthermore, when you check if a pointer is NULL,
as in

> +    if (subdata == 0 || vo_sub_last == 0) return;

check it against NULL, so it is clear that subdata, which is defined several lines above,
is a pointer and not an integer.

And while you are at it, why don't you add a doxygen declaration for the new function?
The instructions are in the DOCS directory, I think.

	Best regards, Salvatore Falco