[MPlayer-dev-eng] c++ version of mplayer.c

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Feb 10 09:40:38 CET 2005

Moritz Bunkus writes:

> > so do you see any problem in having a C++ component in the project
>
> Prepare to get flamed to hell. MPlayer devels don't like C++ (that's
> putting it mildly).

HOLD IT EVERYBODY, STOP !!!

This is the opportunity we've all been waiting for.  No, seriously,
somebody took the time to do what nobody deemed thinkable.  It will
never get merged in any form, but it's a valuable experiment.  Hugo,
please run some benchmarks and put some real numbers where everybody's
mouth about C vs C++ performance has been.  I promise to write up a
news item or FAQ entry or whatever about it.

At the very least this should have a high entertainment value.

;-)

Diego