[MPlayer-dev-eng] A/V sync filter

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Mon Feb 7 15:51:05 CET 2005

In <16903.17200.116408.626467 at biurrun.de>, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> Tony Houghton writes:
> > I have a problem with loss of A/V sync since I started using the dfbmga
> > driver. The picture starts to increasingly lag behind sound, and
> > changing the audio delay with the +/- keys has no effect for some
> > reason. I think it's caused by using vsync, but vsync is vital for
> > watching interlaced TV, and seems to make the picture smoother for
> > non-interlaced videos too.  Enabling framedrop drops far too many
> > frames. -ao sdl makes a big improvement in the time it takes before the
> > gap becomes noticeable but doesn't cure it altogether.
>
> Have you already experimented with the -mc and -autosync options?

I did try -autosync 30 once, but it didn't seem to help. I didn't know
about -mc. By correction "per frame" does it mean how much it's allowed
to adjust the sound per frame? What's the default? If 0 that would
explain why -autosync didn't work.

This is now OT for devel; I don't know how strict the other developers
are, but please feel free to go off list or ask me to join the users
list instead.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk