[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Postproc Hell

Andrea Palmatè andrea at amigasoft.net
Wed Feb 2 17:29:44 CET 2005

>The later fsf-gcc at least on linux seems to produce correct altivec
>code, given you code it the right way (that could be not necessary the
>apple-gcc right way)
>
>Not really sure if the AmigaOS4 problem is related to the gcc (seems
>not..) or other.
Maybe. It is strange. Surely i have resolved some problem updating the las
libav but more problems with altivec remains. First of all wrong colours on
postproc that derive by yuv2rgb. if i use the pre4 the colours are correct.
this could derive by yuv2rgb_altivec_template.c but i don't know. Now all
is played correctly with postproc.

Other problems are on libavcodec when compiled with altivec. I have a crash
on a function (i don't remember the name and i haven't the sources on hand).
With liba52 all is compiled correctly but the sound is broken when play DVD.

Remember. I don't think that is mplayer that goes wrong but now i have no
idea of what go wrong. I update my cvs every single day. so maybe with
future versions the problems disappear.

Andrea