[MPlayer-dev-eng] Porting to OS/2

Paul Smedley paulat at smedleydot.info
Sat Dec 31 02:40:35 CET 2005

Hi All,
I spent a little time yesterday building mplayer for OS/2 using the
SDL support which turned out to be quite easy - at least to get it to
build :)

However, on trying to play a video, I get an error:
MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video
- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.
  Recompile MPlayer with --enable-debug and make a 'gdb' backtrace and
  disassembly. Details in
DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports_what.html#bugreports_crash.
- MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in
your
  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
can't and
  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
possible bug.
SDL: Using 0x32315659 (Planar YV12) image format
SDL: using hardware-surface
SDL: setting zoomed fullscreen with modeswitching

Which I think is because earlier in the output I get:
====
SDL: Opening Plugin
SDL: Using driver: os2fsli
====
Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: vo config request - 640 x 480 (preferred csp: Mpeg PES)
Trying filter chain: vo
vo_debug: query(Mpeg PES) returned 0x0 (i=0)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
SwScale params: -1 x -1 (-1=no scaling)
Trying filter chain: scale vo
vo_debug: query(Mpeg PES) returned 0x0 (i=0)
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder
libmpeg2-v0.4.0b
Selected video codec: [mpeg12] vfm:libmpeg2 (MPEG-1 or 2 (libmpeg2))
====

Anyone seen this kind of thing before? I'm currently using
MPlayer-1.0pre7try2 - perhaps I should update to CVS?

--
Cheers,

Paul.