[MPlayer-dev-eng] Lots of stuff for NUT

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Dec 31 17:47:45 CET 2005

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 05:21:32PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 03:53:11PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 04:27:59PM +0200, Oded Shimon wrote:
> > >
> > > +    When EOR is set, all back_ptr's for this stream are set to zero.
> >
> > back_ptrs
>
> Is this rule set in stone? I've seen it many times used in either way.

Yes, it's a matter of grammar.  Plural is constructed with "s".  "'s" is
used for the possessive case, i.e. to indicate what belong's to who
(that's a *very* basic explanation, but it should work for you).

Example:

one girl - two girls

Oded's NUT implementation - the NUT implementation made by Oded

> -    max distance of frame_startcodes, the distance may only be larger if
> -    there is only a single frame between the two frame_startcodes this can
> +    max distance of syncpoints, the distance may only be larger if
> +    there is only a single frame between the two syncpoints. This can

s/only/no more/

> +    syncpoints MUST be placed immediately before a keyframe if more
> +    than max_distance passed since the previous keyframe of the same stream.
> +    The exception to this is if the timestamp to be set for this syncpoint
> +    is identical to the timestamp of the last syncpoint. Instead, the syncpoint
> +    is to be put immediately BEFORE the timestamp will change (So it will
> +    still have the same timestamp).

This still sounds a bit awkward, but let's fix that once the draft is
approaching its final stages.

> +    Bit  Name             Description
> +      1  is_key           if set, frame is keyframe
> +      2  end_of_relavence if set, stream has no relevance on

relEvAnce

Diego