[MPlayer-dev-eng] Lots of stuff for NUT

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Dec 31 06:02:08 CET 2005

Hi

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 11:19:07PM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
[...]
> > what about delta backpointer lists, so that a syncpoint can reference another
> > syncpoint and only store the different back pointers, this other syncpoint
> > obviously must not reference anything but contain a complete list ...
>
> This will require several seek operations on the media in order to
> complete the seeking, which is quite negative.. Consider slow media.

wait a second ...
if you have an index you can probably do it with 1 seek assuming you have
the index loaded, without an index it will be log n seeks anyway so IMHO
1 extra isnt a issue, the complexity of my suggestion might be an issue
though
IMHO just add backptrs with stream groups or 1 backptr for every stream
and forget about it, people who store 100 streams dont care about overhead
anyway

[...]

--
Michael