[MPlayer-dev-eng] fix dynamic dvd drive selection on darwin

Emanuele Giaquinta emanuele.giaquinta at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 23:39:46 CET 2005

The Wanderer wrote:

> Emanuele Giaquinta wrote:
>
> > Forget the previous patch for now; I've found that dvd_reader.c does
> > not define SYS_BSD on osx, as it should, cause there is no test for
> > __APPLE__ and __DARWIN__ is not defined on osx.  The attached patch
> > fixes this.  Now, since the rdisk devices are raw, how can the
> > dynamic dvd selection ever work?  DVDOpen just calls DVDOpenImageFile
> > in the SYS_BSD case, which is the right one, and its return value is
> > not a valid way to check that the device is associated to a dvd
> > drive.  IMO it is better to revert to the traditional behaviour using
> > rdisk1 as the default dvd device.
>
> What's the status of this patch?

The missing definition of __DARWIN__ has been fixed.  Regarding the
dynamic dvd selection problem I have received no feedback from Nicolas
Plourde, I'll try writing him in private as Diego suggested.  BTW I
haven't been able to find the author of this stuff (the SYS_DARWIN
block in stream_dvd.c), and the cvs logs don't help.