[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [SURVEY] change default CPU target when compiled with runtime CPU detection

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 22:59:26 CET 2005

Hi,

On 12/14/05, The Wanderer <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
> Paul TT wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:59:08 +0100 Guillaume POIRIER
> > <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >> I'd have to admit I don't understand what you mean here... sorry
> >> :-(
> >
> > yes, a bit jammed, sorry, i attach a patch explaining it :-)
>
> Is there any reason not to apply this patch?

The issue I was trying to fix was not fixed by this patch; what's
more, I don't consider the issue of having a sub-optimal binary
compiled with runtime cpu detection that much of a big issue. It's
clearly said everywhere that you don't want to use runtime cpu
detection if you care about performance.

Nevertheless, the patch that Zuxy sent got applied.

Guillaume
--
MPlayer's doc is offline. Find some fresh one here:
http://tuxrip.free.fr//MPlayer-DOCS-HTML/en/