[MPlayer-dev-eng] Slave mode problems

Daniel Malmquist daniel.malmquist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 10:35:43 CEST 2005

I'm trying to write a MPlayer remote control frontend (via TCP/IP) under
windows, but i'm having a problem getting slave mode to work. I'm using
MPlayer version 1.0pre7-3.4.2.

When i try using mplayer -slave <file> and then typing slave commands in
the console nothing happens, when i later exit mplayer windows try to
execute the slave commands as commands in the windows console.

I've also tried executing a mplayer process from my application (mplayer
-slave <file>) and connected an input stream to the process. But when i
send slave commands through the stream nothing happens here either. I
have no problem connecting an output stream to it and getting data
through there so i don't think it's any problems with the streams.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Best regards
Daniel Malmquist