[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer-1.0pre4 and Direct Show Problem

S.Çağlar Onur caglar at uludag.org.tr
Wed Nov 24 09:55:06 CET 2004

Hi;

On Thuesday 23 November 2004 21:59, Ivo wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 November 2004 21:27, S.Çağlar Onur wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > If MPlayer-1.0pre4 tries to open "Microsoft ASF" file while system in
>
> You should see if this problem still exists with current CVS. If so, make a
> patch based on that. pre4 is very old!

According to mplayer's technical documentation, mplayer/mencoder core
requests the decoding of a compressed video frame with decode_video()
and decode_video() calls the previously ( init_video() ) selected video
codec (vd_XXXX.c file, where XXXX == vfm name, see the 'driver' line of
codecs.conf) and i found its also same in audio.

So I wrote the patch based on CVS and use this information. Also this
patch only changes LC_CTYPE to C locale and revert back.

> Also, I think you should use localeconv() first, so your able to restore the
> right settings instead of setting all locales to "".

localeconv() can provides access to only LC_MONETARY and LC_NUMERIC
related information [ libc manual ]. So it can't hold the locale
information properly.