[MPlayer-dev-eng] restoration of the website humor

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 00:13:23 CET 2004

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> there's been a heated flamefest on mplayer-docs about lots of stuff
>> diego removed from the website after he became web maintainer.
>> specifically, bestofmplayer.html, faq2.html, and lots of pictures.
>>
>> i'd like to call a vote on the matter among developers.
>>
>> my proposal: restore all the humor/easteregg pages to the website,
>> with version history preserved from before they were cvs removed.
>>
>> the opposite: leave the files gone, as they are now.
>>
>> can we please hear some votes, and alternative suggestions if you
>> have any? read the thread on -docs or something if you don't know
>> what it's about.
>
> As I already stated, I am for keeping them, but not as part of the
> homepage.

Though I have not previously stated it, this is my position as well. If
the choice is between "keep them exactly as they were, as part of the
homepage" and "don't keep them at all", I'd say don't keep them - but I
have no problem with keeping them if they are held separate.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.