[MPlayer-dev-eng] udp/mpeg2-ts streaming

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Thu May 20 19:03:09 CEST 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004 16:50:09 +0200, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote:

> I suspect that there's something wrong with the management of audio PTSs
> in this (demux_rtp->demux_ts)
> configuration.  It should just work, but there may be bugs.
> I'll look into the code tonight.
>
> If you install vls you can simulate a plain udp server/client
> configuration without Live libraries:

Done. Configured vls to stream this same file and compiler
mplayer without Live.

> vls -d:rtp:127.0.0.1:5001 file.mpg & (maybe the syntax is slightly
> different, check the man page)
> mplayer rtp://127.0.0.1:5001
>
> and see if it works better; at least this will permit us to isolate the
> bug.

It hasn't improved the situation.

With OSS audio output, audio and video drift, and video is fairly
good except for some artifacts (smooth, not blocky) around the
movement of the fingers.

With SDL audio output, the a/v sync is better (but not good
enough) and the video has more artifacts.

I will try and track this down further tomorrow. Thank you
for the suggestions so far. I was just stabbing in the dark
before them.

Dermot.