[MPlayer-dev-eng] newer version of libmpeg2

Prasad P maillistuse at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 17:02:31 CEST 2004

Sorry about the HTML email.

I will look for the patch and try it.
I did try the libmpeg2 0.4
The player compiles after a few changes to
vd_libmpeg2.c
When I play a stream, the display window pops up but
there is no video.

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:Prasad P
writes:

> (I am a newbie to mplayer. I have compiled and run
mplayer on my linux m/c)

Not only to MPlayer... Please don't send HTML mail to
mailing lists,
thank you. Pass some of the blame to me, though, I
think I need to
place a remark about this on the web page...

> To use the latest version of libmpeg2 0.4.0b (from
sourceforge) in
> mplayer, do I have to make any changes to the
sources, or any other
> files. Or, will it just work fine if I plug in the
new version of
> the files and compile it.

Did you try?

You cannot just drop in libmpeg2. There was a patch
sent to this
mailing list some time ago by Jindrich Makovicka that
updated the
included libmpeg2. You could try this.

Diego

This is what your mail looks like:

> SBC Yahoo! - Internet access at a great low
price.Hi,