[MPlayer-dev-eng] a/v sync

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed May 5 14:11:38 CEST 2004

Dermot McGahon writes:
> This will ultimately go on an 800Mhz VIA C3 with integrated graphics
> and integrated AC97 audio device, so it will also not be possible to
> use xvideo, but I am hoping that 800Mhz/X11 video output will be
> sufficient for fullscreen video. Do you think it might work?

I seriously doubt it.  As a comparison, I have a K6-III 500 with a
Matrox G550, I can watch a 240x128 SVQ3+MP3 MOV file (shrek2 trailer)
without framedrop with -vo x11 -zoom -fs, but the 352x192 version goes
badly out of sync already.  The video has to be scaled up to
1280x1024, which is my TFT's resolution.  I suppose you will want to
watch higher resolution videos in fullscreen mode.  Without xv or
vidix your system will most probably be underpowered.

> I think though, that the a/v sync problem is not being caused by this,
> but I may be wrong.

Most probably it is.

Diego