[MPlayer-dev-eng] The best (YUV-enabled) vo_quartz settings :-)

Romain Dolbeau dolbeau at irisa.fr
Sun May 2 12:42:59 CEST 2004

Hello,

Thanks to a remark on the QT ML, I wondered why
mplayer why so slow at converting YV12 to UYVY.

Well, it's because it's using a bicubic (or is
it bilinear) scaler/filter that's _slow_.

Changing the default settings so that for
the unscaled, unfiltered converter (but buggy,
see my recently posted patch) is used make
vo_quartz _much_ faster when using use_uyvy :-)

In fact, it's faster than letting QT handle the
YV12->UYVY conversion :-)

So to make the new vo_quartz scream, uses:

"-vo quartz:use_uyvy -sws 0"

--
Romain Dolbeau