[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: pause state

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Mar 22 18:27:04 CET 2004

Hi The Wanderer,

on Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:11:14 -0500 you wrote:

> Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>
> > moin,
> >
> > when mplayer is in paused state, the only possible interaction is to
> > unpause. that sucks - i want toggling fullscreen, quitting, seeking -
> > well, everything. any takers?
>
> So does everyone else. Unfortunately, very little if any of this is
> likely to show up in G1; as I understand things, some of it is just too
> difficult to implement, and some of it is outright impossible with the
> current design.

A good part could work by simply moving them from main to a separate
function. The biggest pb is the osd. It's not possible to update the osd
while the movie is not playing. The only solution is to use some hack
like the one in the menu filter. Basicaly it intercept the pause command,
save the next frame and then send the pause commande down to mplayer.
While in pause the menu filter can then update the image and menu/osd
can be drawn.

This is only a big hack wich will never be accepted for "normal" mplayer,
live with it.

 	Albeu

PS: I just thought that one could just make the screen black while in
 pause :) Dunno if users would like that.

--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.