[MPlayer-dev-eng] [LONG] PSNR comparison, new source and results

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Tue Jun 15 15:16:27 CEST 2004

> I also forced the following options in my tool:
> "vme=4:mbd=2:qpel:trell"

I've never so far when I've encoded myself and done some limited PSNR
tests first, seen that qpel would improve things. Would it be possible
that you include qpel or not in further tests? I'm not convinced of its
usefulness yet :D

> * vlelim & vcelim are both always a loss

> * vlelim & vcelim are both always a loss

> * vlelim & vcelim are both always a loss

> a - don't use vlelim & vcelim, at least on that kind of scene at
>      that kind of bitrate

Did it ever show a psnr gain in any of your tests? I'd be surprised if
it did.