[MPlayer-dev-eng] Announce of Movieconvert

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Jun 14 01:57:19 CEST 2004

nix.wie.weg at gmx.de writes:

> I have developed a graphical frontend for mencoder, which is named
> movieconvert. You can find the homepage and the cvs sources at
> http://movieconvert.sourceforge.net

Nice, I've added it to our projects page.

> D) please dont use combined Options
> For instance do not use crop=width:height:x:y use instead
> crop_w=width,crop_h=height,crop_x=x,crop_y=y the second version you can
> generate from GUI components automatically, for using the first version
> you have to write a special function which will deal with this format.
>
> E) please sort the mplayer options
> For instance you do an -vf scale=width:height -sws 1 why not -vf
> scale_w=width,scale_h=height,sws=1 or why is -ofps not a lavc or xvid
> option (it will be ignored if "-ovc copy" is selected) and why do you
> have different seperators in -lavcopts and in -vf (":" or ",")?

You are mixing up options, suboptions/parameters and filters.

  -vf scale_w=width,scale_h=height,sws=1

would build up a filter chain, calling first the "scale_w" filter with
"width" as parameter, then the "scale_h" filter with height as
parameter and finally the sws filter with "1" as parameter.  Thus

  -vf crop_w=width,crop_h=height,crop_x=x,crop_y=y

would call four filters with one argument, while

  -vf crop=width:height:x:y

calls one filter with four arguments.

Hope this clears up your confusion a bit.

Diego